This page will be updated as additional information becomes available.
Current Response @ First German UMC
- At this time we have postponed all public worship at the Church. The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has thrust our community into unknown territory, with the information consistently changing. At this time, due to the Stay at Home order issued statewide, we are unsure when we will be returning to regular public worship. In the meantime, we look forward to engaging with everyone through the usage of technology and will be sending out regular updates as the situation changes.
- The First German United Methodist Church Heritage School will be closed the week of Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20. More information about the following week will come.
- In order to maintain connection and community in this time we are requesting volunteers to be part of a telephone tree. If interested please email Pastor Kurt.
- We have started an online bible study on Wednesdays at 6:30 P.M. If you wish to join us, please sign up here to receive emails with further information.
- We will continue to send out further information on a regular basis. If you want to subscribe to our emails, please sign up here.
We are actively monitoring a host of reliable sources and will adjust our policy accordingly based on official recommendations. You can find links for these in the Resources section below.
- 3/22 Join us Online This SundayWe invite you to join us this coming Sunday the 22nd at 10:30 A.M. for an online prayer gathering and brainstorming session. Together we will read scripture, pray together, and fellowship for some time as the church.
- 3/15 Sunday MeditationWhile we won’t be together in the sanctuary for worship we can still join together in prayer. Here is a Meditation Service for you and your family.
- 3/13 Worship is Canceled at First German UMC for the next two weeksDear Friends and Families of First German United Methodist Church,This is a follow-up email to the email sent last night, Thursday March 12th, regarding First German United Methodist Church’s response to Coronavirus. This email contains a change of plans from what was previously announced. As of Friday, March 13th our plan is: Public worship at First German United Methodist Church is postponed for the next two weeks: Sunday, March 15 and Sunday, March 12. That means no public worship in the church building. Check the website going forward, however, for an optional home worship opportunity. The First German United Methodist […]
- 3/12 Coronavirus Prevention at First German UMCUpdate 3/13: Worship has been canceled for the next two weeks. Please click here to see the latest information Friends and Families of First German United Methodist Church, All of us are following the Coronavirus news. It is easy in the midst of so much media coverage to have one of two unhelpful responses. For some of us it may seem that the media is making too much of the virus, and that the sooner all the hysteria dies down the better. For others of us, the constant coverage is quite distressing, and we’re wondering how much of our lives […]
We are currently