For the Mother-To-Be and her Birthing Companion
Learn Relaxation Techniques so that you can give your baby a welcome that is calm, gentle, and safe.
Achieve birth fulfillment–awake and alert–in a totally relaxed state of mind and body.
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing® Classes
HypnoBirthing® Classes are taught in a format of five, 2 ½-hour classes. If you are very near to your birthing time, occasionally your Practitioner can make special arrangements for individual classes with you.
Unit 1 – Setting the stage
- Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
- Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2 -Pre-birth family bonding and preparing your mind and body
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3 – Self-hypnosis visualization and advanced deepening
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labor Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4 – Overview and summary of childbirth
- Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As labor moves along – passing time through labor
- Hallmarks of labor
- If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5 – Birthing – The final act and bonding
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby
About this class
Sessions: There are 5 weekly sessions that last 2 ½ hrs each.
Dates & Times: August 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 7pm to 9.30pm
Cost: $500 (includes mother & birth companion)
About the Instructor
Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula, Mother of 7.